LESSON PLAN IN ENGLISH 5JUNE 6, 10, 2012
LESSON 1 . 22 TIMES
Reading: Recognize tangible and summary nouns within a sentence. Producing: Write with correct subject matter вЂ“ action-word agreement employing abstract and collective noun.
Speaking: Develop sentences applying correct communautaire terms of a certain group. Being attentive: Classify nouns whether it is concrete or summary noun.
II. Subject Matter
" Concrete, Abstract and Group NounsвЂќ
References: English Runs into: Language a few by Mother. Christina S. Ibarra, Et al., pp 5 вЂ“ 10
Materials: Flash playing cards, table data, and book
Value Focus: Perseverance
3. Procedure (Learning Activities)
A. Review upon proper and common nouns.
* Give examples of a common noun and its corresponding appropriate noun.
W. Motivation (Group dynamics)
1 ) Solve the following word riddles
eg eggs egg ggs
2 . Synonyms COMPARED TO Antonyms
In 5 minutes the group can write an antonym вЂ“ synonym or perhaps vice versa of names of ideas, thoughts or characteristics as many as they will.
3. Area code of troubles
1 . eclipse
2 . positive outlook
Use stand chart: Provide the antonym & synonym from the following summary nouns. Synonym| Abstract noun| Antonym
adore, like| love| hate
harshness, brutality| cruelty| kindness
sadness, grief| sadness| happiness
lovely, attractiveness | beauty| unpleasant
D. Discussion (Grammar Points)
a. Tangible nouns
2. Nouns which can be seen, carressed, heard or smelled
* Ex. college, relatives, parents and friends
b. Summary nouns
* Labels of concepts, feelings or qualities that contain no physical existence even more general categories/ names of men and women, places and things. c. Subject вЂ“ Verb agreement on abstract/ common subjective
* When subjective noun is utilized as a subject in a sentence in your essay it is just 1 idea and is therefore singular and will make use of the s type of verb or perhaps will use linking or copulative verbs. * When two or more abstract nouns are used as being a subjects in a sentence, there are lots of ideas being expressed plus they are therefore multiple and will employ corresponding action-word that agrees its subject. d. Group nouns
* Name someone, things or animals
5. Usually regarded as singular mainly because it describes 1 unit or possibly a collective * It simply becomes plural when it refers to members from the crew considered as someone. E. Exercise
1 ) Read the incomplete sentences. Employing context hints from every single sentence plus the given words on the blanks choose the best fuzy noun to complete every sentence ( Textbook l. 7, items C). installment payments on your Write the finest collective noun to describe the group being a unit. Textbook p. several, items D).
e. Generate sentences using correct ordinaire terms of a certain group as being a unit.. n. Construct a sentence using an abstract/ concrete noun.
g. Choose the action-word that should the actual abstract or perhaps the collective subjective. ( Textbook p. almost eight, items E). IV. Analysis
A. Determine and underline the abstract/ concrete adjective in the phrases, write AN if it is an abstract noun and CN if it is concrete noun inside the space supplied before the number.
_______1. Appreciate is a various splendored issue.
_______2. The faith cures your sadness.
_______3. Our family members and friends will go to the orphanage about Monday.
_______4. These fruits are for the visitors.
_______5. He had to haveВ patienceВ as he anxiously waited in the extended line.
W. Verbal Analogy: Give the lacking word to complete the comparison.
1 . Colony: Ants:: _______: Caterpillars
installment payments on your Bouquet: Plants:: Cache: ____________
3. Pride: _________:: Start: Leopards
4. _______: lamb:: Drove: Horses
5. Organization: ________:: ________:...