what do you want from all of us

 what do you really want from all of us Essay

What You don't Want from All of us?

你们究竟要我们如何做才能满意?

When we were the Sick Gentleman of Asia, we were known as The Discolored Peril. While we are billed as the next Superpower, we are known as The Danger. 当我们还是东亚病夫时,你们称我们为黄祸, 当我们被舆论宣传将成为下一个超级大国时,你们又视我们为威胁。

When we shut our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets. Once we embrace Cost-free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.  以往我们闭关锁国,你们走私鸦片来强行打开我们的国门, 现在我们拥有自由贸易了,你们又责骂我们抢走了你们的饭碗。

When we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share. When we tried to position the broken bits back together once again,  " free Tibet, ” you cried, " it had been an Breach! ”  当我们处于摇摇欲坠之境时,你们率军入侵要求公平分享, 当我们要重整破碎的山河时,你们又说我们这是" 入侵”叫嚷着" 给西藏自由”。

Once tried Communism, you disliked us internet marketing Communist.

Once we embrace Capitalism, you hate us for being Capitalist.  以往我们信仰共产主义,你们痛恨我们成为共产分子, 现在我们发展资本主义了,你们又嫉恨我们当了资本家。

Whenever we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet. Whenever we tried restricting our numbers, you stated we abused human rights.  当我们拥有十亿人口时,你们指责说我们是在摧毁地球, 当我们努力控制人口数量时,你们又谴责说我们践踏了人权。

When we were poor, you thought i was dogs.

Whenever we loan you cash, you blame us for your countrywide debts.  以往我们国贫民穷之时,你们视我们卑贱如狗, 现在我们能够借钱给你们了,你们又抱怨我们让你们负债累累。

Once we build the industries, you call us Polluters.

When we promote you items, you blame us to get global warming.

当我们发展工业时,你们说我们是污染者,

当我们向你们出售商品时,你们又将地球变暖的原因归咎到我们头上。

When we buy essential oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.

When you attend war intended for oil, you call it freedom.

我们购买石油,你们称其为榨取和种族屠杀, 你们为石油而开战,你们却美曰其名为解放人类。

When we had been lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of rules. When we maintain law and order against violence, you call it suppressing democracy.  以往在我们陷入混沌暴乱之际时,你们说我们没有法制, 现在我们维护法律打击暴乱,你们又说我们镇压民主。

When we were muted, you explained you needed us to acquire free presentation. When we are silent no more, you say our company is brainwashed-xenophobes.  当我们沉默无言时,你们说我们没有言论自由, 当我们敢于发出自己的声音了,你们又叫嚣说我们是一群被洗脑的愤青。

" Why will you hate all of us so much﹖”we asked....